Matrix Nutrients whole food Biotin plus Protein Supplement provides Biotin plus Protein in a natural, food state nutrient form.
Product Suitable for Vegetarians
Product Quantity: 60 capsules
Recommended Intake: 1 Capsule daily as a Food Supplement, or as directed by qualified health practitioner
Biotin, also known as Vitamin H, is a B complex vitamin (B7) and functions as a coenzyme. It plays many key roles in the body, specifically supporting health of the skin, nerves, digestive tract, fat and sugar metabolism, and cellular growth. Due to these multiple functions throughout the body, any deficiency in biotin may lead to adverse health effects. The Institute of Medicine has set adequate intake levels for this nutrient, recommending supplementation if an individual is at risk for not meeting these levels. Although many foods contain some amounts of biotin and true deficiency is rare, there is a growing body of evidence that support the use of biotin supplements for certain populations to enhance particular functions stressed by a given health condition. Biotin is synergistic with Coenzyme Q10, and enhances the function of many other vitamins. Folic acid enhances the function of biotin.
A significant number of pregnant women exhibit lower levels of biotin since the need increases to provide for a growing fetus and could benefit from supplementation, along with type 2 diabetics for blood sugar balance. Those suffering from various nerve pathologies, brittle nails, hair loss, depression, muscle weakness, hypertension, and fatigue may also see improvement with increased intakes of biotin.
Since biotin is involved in so many cellular pathways by coenzyme activity, the list of effects from deficiency is quite extensive. Researchers have not yet found an upper limit the amount of biotin that we can consume before it becomes toxic, since it is a water-soluble vitamin. Biotin is therefore highly regarded as a safe supplement.
- Anemia may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Heart abnormalities may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Biotin may lower blood pressure in hypertensive patients
- Biotin, as a coenzyme for many of the pancreatic enzymes which break down food, may improve function of the digestive system
- Biotin upregulates glucokinase and may improve the metabolism of glucose and carbohydrates
- Biotinase deficiency is one cause of sensorineural hearing loss; biotin supplementation may alleviate this condition
- Biotin may enhance the function of the kidneys
- Biotin allows for and may enhance production of antibodies
- Biotin may help to prevent and suppress infection by candida albicans
- Biotin deficiency may result in a reduced circulation lymphocytes
- Biotin deficiency may cause atrophy (shrinkage) of the thymus gland
- Biotin may help to regulate blood sugar (glucose) levels
- Biotin may alleviate diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2
- Biotin may help to prevent and treat diabetic neuropathy
- Biotin is closely involved in gluconeogenesis (energy production)
- Fatigue may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Biotin may reduce insulin resistance
- Biotin may enhance the function of the liver
- Biotin may alleviate some cases of muscle pain and muscle pain may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Muscle Weakness may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Loss of appetite/anorexia may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Confusion may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Chronic biotin deficiency may cause dementia
- Depression may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Headaches may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Nervousness may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Poor Reflexes may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Biotin in high doses may reverse both peripheral and autonomic neuropathy
- Biotin may be useful for the treatment of endometriosis
- Women have an increased requirement for biotin during pregnancy
- Biotin deficiency may lead to atrophy of the seminiferous tubules of the male testes
- Biotin is involved in the deposition of keratin into the hair, skin and nails
- Dandruff/general dry skin may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Dermatitis (various forms) may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Eczema may occur as a result of biotin deficiency and biotin may alleviate some cases of eczema (especially in infants)
- Biotin may delay the onset of grey hair and may retard the further progression of grey hair
- Hair loss may occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Biotin supplements taken orally or applied topically to the scalp may slow the rate of hair loss in persons affected by male pattern baldness
- Biotin may alleviate brittle nails
- Biotin may improve the visual appearance of the skin
- Grey complexion of the skin occur as a result of biotin deficiency
- Biotin may normalize secretions of the sebaceous glands
- Biotin may improve Insulin sensitivity (i.e. it may reduce insulin resistance)
Why choose Biotin plus Protein Supplement?
Matrix Nutrients organic Biotin plus Protein supplement provides the nutrients in an organic Whole Food Matrix form which means they will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Whole Food nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories who found they:
- Are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- Do not need to be taken with food, as they contain all of the necessary food factors needed for absorption
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Product Ingredients: Biotin-1mg (3300%), protein-50mg (from baker’s yeast)*
*No active yeast at time of manufacture. Protein added to enhance absorption of biotin.
Product Non-Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose capsule
Matrix Nutrients Health Guarantees: FREE FROM wheat, starch, gluten, soy, added sugars, colorings, flavorings and preservatives. Manufactured with filtered water only.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. None of this information regarding food-matrix nutrients or our products is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
EXPLORE OTHER MATRIX NUTRIENTS ORGANIC WHOLEFOOD SUPPLEMENTS: