Essential Fatty Acid Complex. The term ‘essential’ in nutrition as applied to ‘essential fatty acids’ (EFAs) refers to omega-6 and omega-3 which are polyunsaturated fatty acids. These are required by the body to achieve optimum human health, but they need to be ingested, as the body is unable to manufacture them.
- Essential polyunsaturated Fatty acids that play a structural role in cell membranes
- EFAs are necessary for the normal function of the immune system
- Essential fatty acids are required for proper brain function and the optimum production of energy
What do Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) do?
- Essential fatty acids are specific fats that are critical to the proper function of the body.
- Essential fatty acids essentially ‘oil’ the body. They lubricate the joints and skin, as well as being a vital component of every human cell.
- The body also uses essential fatty acids to balance hormones.
- They help to insulate nerve cells and to assist in keeping the skin and arteries supple
- They help in insulating the body by keeping it warm.
- Fatty acids are considered to be the building blocks of fats in the same way that amino acids are to proteins.
Why might you choose to take Essential Fatty Acids?
Supplementing with a balanced blend of fatty acids may benefit your health in the following areas:
- Increased energy, performance and stamina
- Healthy cardiovascular function
- Lower blood pressure levels
- Strengthened immune system
- Improved brain function
- Properly regulated major organs and glands
- Faster healing processes
- Helps alleviate dry skin and psoriasis
- Improved appearance of skin
- Slows progression of osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and alleviates the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Improved digestion
- Maintains bone strength
Product Suitable for Vegetarians
Product Quantity: 60 vegetarian tablets
Recommended Intake: 2 tablets daily with food as a food supplement, or as directed by qualified health practitioner
|Component||Per 2 Tablets|
|Alpha Linolenic acid (omega 3)||65mg|
|Oleic acid (omega 9)||28mg|
|Linoleic acid (omega 6)||19mg|
There is no determined recommended daily allowance for these Essential Fatty Acids.
Energy, protein, carbohydrate and fat content negligible. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Product Ingredients: Alpha linolenic acid – omega 3, Oleic acid– omega 9, Linoleic acid – omega 6, Palmitic acid, Stearic acid, Mixed tocopherols, Fatty acids complexed in linseed oil, safflower oil, soya bean, cotton & corn oils, Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose, Vegetable magnesium stearate, Vegetable protein coating, (zein) coating. *The food ingredients delivering the nutrients in this formula are prepared from high quality vegetable and plant oils.The Essential Fatty acids in this formula are complexed in linseed, safflower, soya bean and corn oils.
Product Non-Ingredients: Cellulose, Vegetable magnesium stearate, Vegetable protein coating.
Allergy Concerns: There are no known allergic reactions to ingredients in this formula
*Pregnant mothers should take care not to consume to much of this fatty acid as high levels are not good for the growing baby.
**Vegan diets are generally found to be deficient in Omega 3
Suitable for Vegetarians/Vegans.
Matrix Nutrients Health Guarantees: FREE FROM Energy, protein, carbohydrate and fat content negligible.
Notes: The food ingredients delivering the nutrients in this formula are prepared from high quality vegetable and plant oils. The Essential Fatty acids in this formula are complexed in linseed oil, safflower oil, Soya bean & corn oils. Contains no live or active yeast at time of manufacture. Essential Fatty Acids are Unsaturated Fatty Acids that are regarded as essential for human life. They cannot be synthesized from other Fatty Acids.
Why choose Matrix Nutrients Essential Fatty Acid Complex?
Matrix Nutrients organic Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) Complex provides the nutrients in an organic Whole Food Matrix form which means they will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Whole Food nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories who found they:
- Are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- Do not need to be taken with food, as they contain all of the necessary food factors needed for absorption
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for vegans and vegetarians
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. None of this information regarding food-matrix nutrients or our products is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
EXPLORE OTHER MATRIX NUTRIENTS ORGANIC WHOLEFOOD SUPPLEMENTS: