Iron contributes to normal blood formation and energy production. Molybdenum possesses antioxidant properties and is necessary for the function of the immune system. See Organic Iron with Molybdenum Supplement benefits below.
Matrix Nutrients Iron and Molybdenum work synergistically together and help enhance the body's utilization of each mineral.
Iron is the fourth most common element on the planet, but the human body only contains traces of it, which is why it is considered a trace or micro element.
The main role of iron in the body is in the red blood cells, where it combines with a protein and copper to form a substance called hemoglobin. Almost two thirds of the iron in the body is found in hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to tissues. Around 25% of iron is stored within the liver, spleen, bone-marrow and muscles, and approximately 4% is used within myoglobin and iron-containing enzymes.
Hemoglobin is the oxygen carrier protein in red blood cells. It is also the protein that gives red blood cells their red color. Iron is the essential element needed by the body to produce sufficient amounts of hemoglobin. If iron stores are low, normal hemoglobin production slows down, which means that the lungs receive less oxygen, resulting in symptoms such as fatigue, dizziness and lowered immunity.
Since our body can't produce iron itself we need to make sure we consume sufficient amounts of iron in the food that we eat or add a supplement to our diet.
What does Organic Iron with Molybdenum do?
- Hemoglobin transports oxygen in the blood from the lungs to the tissues
- Iron supports the action of many enzymes, particularly those involved with the production of energy
- As an antioxidant it may help to prevent damage caused by free radicals
- Boosts the immune-system
- Is necessary for the metabolism of B vitamins
- Required for the proper functioning of several chemicals in the human body
- May help play a role in helping our cells grow
- Essential in the mobilization of iron from the liver reserves
- Necessary for the oxidation of fats and copper metabolism
Why take an Organic Iron with Molybdenum?
Matrix Nutrients Iron with Molybdenum supplement may prove to be beneficial if any of the following conditions apply to your lifestyle:
- Excessive blood loss through menstruation
- Experiencing rapid growth, e.g. teenagers, particularly girls
- Pregnant or lactating woman, however, check with health professional before ading to your diet
- Suffering from anaemia
- Drink excessive amounts of tea and coffee
Product Suitable for Vegetarians
Product Quantity: 60 vegetarian tablets
Recommended Daily Intake: 1 tablet daily as a food supplement or as directed by qualified health practitioner.
|Component||Per Tablet||% RDA|
** Recommended daily allowance has not been established.
The minerals are declared as elemental values.
Energy, protein, carbohydrate and fat content negligible. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Product Ingredients: Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose; Vegetable stearic acid, Mineral enhanced yeast providing Iron; Molybdenum; Vegetable magnesium stearate; Silicon dioxide; Vegetable protein ( zein) * The food ingredients delivering the nutrients in this formula is Baker's yeast
Product Non-Ingredients: Vegetable magnesium stearate
Allergy Concerns: No known allergic reactions
Matrix Nutrients Health Guarantees: FREE FROM wheat; starch; gluten; milk products (lactose); added sugars; colourings; flavourings and preservatives. Contains no live yeast at time of manufacture.
Notes: Iron and Molybdenum work synergistically and help enhance the body's utilization of each mineral. The most commonly used for of Iron is as Ferrous Sulphate (Iron Sulphate) which is an inorganic form. This form of Iron is associated with the experience for some people of both constipation and nausea. This inorganic form of Iron is associated with the destruction of Vitamin E.
Why choose Matrix Nutrients Iron with Molybdenum supplement?
Matrix Nutrients organic Iron with Molybdenum supplement provides the nutrients in an organic Whole Food Matrix form which means they will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Whole Food nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories who found they:
- Are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- Do not need to be taken with food, as they contain all of the necessary food factors needed for absorption
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for vegans and vegetarians
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. None of this information regarding food-matrix nutrients or our products is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
|Dimensions||4.5 × 4.5 × 4.5 in|