Magnesium is an extremely important mineral. Next to potassium, it is the most predominant mineral in our cells. Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral found in the body, and it is absolutely essential to our good health. Magnesium also functions very closely with calcium and phosphorus. Approximately 60 percent of the magnesium in the body occurs in bone, 26 percent in muscle, and the remainder in soft tissue and body fluids. See Organic Magnesium Supplements' benefits below.
Magnesium is responsible for hundreds of biochemical reactions, among them the contraction and relaxation of muscle and blood vessels, the synthesis of protein and DNA, and the production and transport of energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
It has been estimated that up to 75% of people in the western world (and parts of Asia) are magnesium deficient. This is one of the most common dietary deficiencies in the world – especially in elderly people.
Product Suitable for Vegetarians
Why take a magnesium supplement?
Magnesium is necessary for normal nerve and muscle function. Magnesium is also necessary for the normal structure of bone and teeth. If you aren't getting enough magnesium, you might be experiencing symptoms of magnesium deficiency, which can include the following:
- Sleep problems
- Calcium deficiency
- Leg cramps and muscle spasms/aches
- Loss of appetite
- High blood pressure
- Nausea and vomiting
- Premenstrual tension
- High blood pressure
- Poor circulation
Organic Magnesium supplements are one of the most common co-factors in the body. Its presence is crucial for:
- Glucose and fat breakdown
- Production of proteins, enzymes and antioxidants such as glutathione
- Creation of DNA and RNA
- Regulation of cholesterol production
- Energy production and ATP,Adenosine-5?-triphosphate, the main energy-producing powerhouse in the body
- Mineral balance
- Over 300 biochemical reactions within the body
- Calcium absorption
- Maintaining normal muscle and nerve functions
- Regulating a normal heart rhythm
- Keeping bones strong and healthy
- Supporting a healthy immune system
- Assisting in regulating blood sugar levels
- Normalizing blood pressure
- Metabolism and protein synthesis.
- Muscle relaxation
What causes magnesium deficiency?
Magnesium deficiency can be the result of many factors including the following:
- Low magnesium diet
- Processed foods
- High caffeine drinks, including tea, coffee and soda drinks
- Surgery, burns, liver disease, hormonal imbalance
- Illness associated with magnesium malabsorption and depletion
- The natural process of aging also reduces stomach acid levels and is associated with reduced absorption of magnesium.
Why choose Matrix Nutrients Whole Food Nutrient Organic Magnesium Supplement?
The magnesium 'biogurt' is an organic food state nutrient – whole food nutrient supplement – that offers a different concept to the way we look at supplements. The magnesium is presented in a lacto-bacillus Bulgaricus, a "friendly" bacteria commonly found in the gastro intestinal tract, bonded base. This is a biologically harvested complex food structure which that, when administered as a nutrient into the body, is recognised as the closest thing to food in bioavailability.
Matrix Nutrients organic magnesium supplement provides organic nutrients in a Food State form which means they will be presented to the body in the same form as food. Food State nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories who found they:
- Are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- Do not need to be taken with food as they contain all of the necessary food factors needed for absorption
- Nourish whichever part of the body they are needed
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for vegetarians
*Matrix Nutrients organic Magnesium supplement is complexed in a lactobacillus bulgaricus, instead of yeast. It is a particularly good medium to use for magnesium production because it has a high number of receptor sites for this mineral and allows us to get 40mg of elemental magnesium into each tablet.
Product Ingredient: Lactobacillus bulgaricus* (from milk) combined with magnesium citrate, Hydroxylpropyl methyll cellulose; Vegetable stearic acid, Vegetable magnesium stearate. *Lactobacillus bulgaricus is a friendly probiotic bacteria
Product Non-Ingredients: Stearic acid and Magnesium stearate
Recommended Intake: One tablet daily as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner
Product Quantity: 60 vegetarian tablets per bottle
Recommended Daily Intake: 1 tablet daily, or as directed by qualified health practitioner
The mineral in this formula is declared as an elemental value.
Energy, protein, carbohydrate and fat content negligible. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Notes: Magnesium is necessary for normal energy production.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. None of this information regarding food-matrix nutrients or our products is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.