Our Matrix Wholefood Vitamin D3 Vegan supplement from lichen contributes to healthy bones and teeth, healthy muscle function, normalizes calcium in the body and immune support.
Our Matrix Vitamin D3 Vegan supplement from lichen is ideal for vegetarians and vegans. Many supplements use animal sources of vitamin D3 (e.g. sheep’s wool), however Matrix Wholefood Vitamin D3 comprises a natural plant base of lichen.
- A vegan, Wholefood plant base from vitamin D3-rich lichen extract providing 62.5µg (2,500iu) of vitamin D per tablet
- Vitamin D is frequently referred to as the Sunshine Vitamin" as sunlight is necessary for the synthesis of this vitamin (which is produced underneath the skin following exposure to sunlight)
- Those at particular risk for vitamin D deficiency are the elderly (65 years+), those who rarely get outdoors (lack of sunshine) and people with dark skin.
- Please note this supplement contains 62.5µg (2500iu) of vitamin D per tablet. If taking other supplements containing vitamin D, please check your total daily intake. If it is 125µg (5000iu) or more per day, for more than two to four months, you should have your vitamin D levels checked regularly. An adequate blood level is considered to be above 50nmol/litre; the scientific literature suggests that a higher level than this is optimal. However, levels above 250nmol/litre are not advised and in this case, measures should be taken to lower levels. Please note some laboratories use different units i.e. ng/ml rather than nmol/litre quoted here. In this case an adequate blood level is considered to be 20ng/ml (again the optimal range is higher than this). For more information on vitamin D you may be interested in www.grassrootshealth.net/
Organic Vitamin D contributes to:
- the absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus
- normal blood calcium levels
- the maintenance of bones and teeth
- the maintenance of normal muscle function
- the normal function of the immune system
Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
Vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures among men and women 60 years of age and older
Ingredients: Lichen complex (including maltodextrin, corn starch, fractionated coconut oil, sucrose, silicon dioxide, d-alpha tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate providing vegan vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol); sorbitol; vegetable cellulose (tablet coating)
Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Product Quantity: 60 tablets
Recommended Daily Intake:
1 tablet daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
||62.5 mcg (1,000 iu)
Non-Active Ingredients: maltodextrin, corn starch, fractionated coconut oil, sucrose, silicon dioxide, d-alpha tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, sorbitol, vegetable cellulose (tablet coating).
Non GM & Free From: Wheat, gluten, yeast, dairy, colors, flavors and preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry and out of direct sunlight.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. None of this information regarding food-matrix nutrients or our products is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.